Sunday 30 August 2009

Into Africa

This year's Brisbane Festival kicks off in a couple of weeks time, and there are a few food related events that have caught my eye.

The first one is Into Africa, on 26 September. Out of all the events in the program last year, this is the one I really wanted to get to, but then something came up on the day and I missed it. So this year its in the diary and I'm going no matter what.

Into Africa is free event, celebrating Brisbane's African community. It will feature plenty of live music during the day (including King Marong, Afro Mandinko, Ajak Kwai, Samoko, Afro Dizzi Act and the Big Fela Afrobeat Orchestra) along with food stalls, craft, dancing and drumming. I'm really keen to see what African food will be on offer - hopefully there will be plenty of authentic meals.

Into Africa
Saturday 26 September 2009, 12pm-8.30pm
Yeronga Park
School Road
Yeronga 4104
W - http://www.brisbanefestival.com.au/Events/0,101,4646,010100906.aspx

No comments: